Director of Field Operations - North America
Director of Field Operations - US
Reporting to: VP Operations
Beewise is looking for an experienced field operations leader to help us stand up our US Beekeeping operation. This is a unique opportunity to build something from scratch. The Director of Field Operations will be responsible for Beewise delivery, logistics and field operations for the Americas region. This person will be in charge of overseeing delivery operations and logistics for safe and secure delivery of the company’s high value products and services throughout the Americas.
- Oversee day-to-day company operations, managing all field functions of the field operations team for the Americas: Delivery, logistics, as well as field operations and support.
- Manage customer service operation, final delivery to end customers, installation and onboarding of new customers and on-going maintenance.
- Establish delivery and support strategies, set goals, monitor work, and evaluate results to ensure department logistics objectives and operation requirements are met.
- Maintain reliable, timely, efficient, and competitive beekeeping field operations
- Maintain close working relationships with the company’s wide groups, globally, to provide the product production, support and services required.
- Recruit, build and manage a team of operation experts.
Required education and experience:
- 8+ years of experience in operations roles, field support, freight forwarding, transportation, warehousing and logistics.
- At least 4 years of experience leading and building an operations team
- Experience in Ag-tech companies is preferred
- Experience at a startup or building a department from the ground up
- Bachelor’s degree required; specialization in business management or related field preferred
- Excellent organizational and leadership abilities
- Outstanding communication and people skills
- Comfortable with ambiguity and a creative problem solver
- In depth knowledge of diverse business functions and principles (e.g. supply chain, finance, customer service etc.)
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics.
- High capabilities with MS Office applications and ERP systems.
- This role will require up to 50% travel