Location: Central Valley, CA
Scope: Full time
Reporting to: VP Operations
We are looking for a Lead Beekeeper to join our team and be part of the Beewise Operations group. As part of our field operations team, you will be responsible to grow the beekeeping business by overarching the overall operations and logistics services for the beekeeping field needs. This position requires a high volume of in-land travel.
- Maintain reliable, timely, efficient, and competitive Beekeeping logistics operations.
- Coordinate with the company’s different pillars on a day-to-day basis; Planning, balancing and constantly readjusting product movement according to storage and field capacity, production capacity, and customer requirements.
- Resolve problems, provide ongoing support, and be proactive with providing all services.
- Remain responsible for ensuring the smooth flow of the movement of shipments; resolving any discrepancies in a timely manner. Communicate and coordinate with co-loaders, truckers, customs brokers and other service providers and agents.
- Manage a team of experienced and inexperienced Beekeepers
Required education and experience
- 7+ years of commercial beekeeping experience
- Experience leading complex field teams of 5+ members
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with time-sensitive deadlines.
- Proven ability to work well independently and as part of a team.